Part Time – 20 hours P/W– £10.42 p/h
We are looking for a super friendly Receptionist to join our busy, customer focused veterinary practice in High Wycombe working on average 20 hours per week.
We are a thriving practice with an excellent reputation in our local community and pride ourselves on our impeccable customer care.
This role is fast paced within a friendly team with no working day the same so we are looking for a calm and committed person who enjoys a challenge and works well under pressure.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to;
- Liaising with the clients and the clinical staff to provide 5 star customer care
- Meeting and greeting clients with professionalism
- Booking appointments and diary management
- Managing telephone and email enquiries
- Taking payment for services and products
- Managing cash and end of day banking
- Cleaning and preparing rooms for consultations
- Dispensing medication
- First Aid responsibilities
As we operate over three branches, successful candidates may be required to work across the sites at times, therefore a use of own vehicle and a full, clean driver’s license is essential.
Our practices are open 6 days a week and therefore Saturday morning working is required on a rotational basis.
Crossroads is a well-equipped, modern 3 surgery practice. Our hospital practice is based near High Wycombe town centre with branch surgeries in nearby Hazlemere and Watlington. We have been providing vet care to the local communities for over 50 years.
We recognise that our Receptionists are a crucial component in the smooth running of our practice. As such we offer full training and development opportunities with the role. We encourage all of our Team members to fulfil their own personal ambitions and enrol every Receptionist with The British Veterinary Receptionist Association who offer accredited courses and qualifications.
All of our Receptionists are required to under go Emergency First Aid training which is provided following a successful probation period.
The successful candidate will require competence and confidence in a client facing environment. With no day ever being the same, adaptability and a willingness to role up your sleeves and get involved is crucial.
We are looking for a self-driven, enthusiastic person who takes pride in both their own appearance and that of the practice itself.
Because Our Employee’s Matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business so, in addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Company sick pay from day one
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- CPD allowance
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Learning Hub
- Membership to the British Veterinary Association & its award scheme
- Emergency First aid training
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.