Full Time, Permanent – Up to £30,000 p/a Experience Dependent
Private Accommodation Available
Are you looking for a new adventure in a practice the recognises the importance of a healthy work/life balance?
We know that our nurses are fundamental in enabling us to provide the fantastic level of patient care that we do (as well as keeping our vets under control!) and we are therefore looking for an enthusiastic and passionate RVN to join our already wonderful nursing team.
With a strong interest in personal development, we actively encourage our nurses to follow their professional ambitions and provide opportunities to develop with regular, well-funded CPD.
Our nurses currently offer diabetes, arthritis and behaviour clinics and we are looking to build rehab, physiotherapy and puppy parties into our services in the near future. We are also a training practice for Veterinary nurses so there will be opportunity to either use or gain skills in mentoring the next generation of RVNs.
Crossroads is a well-equipped, modern 3 surgery practice. Our hospital practice is based near High Wycombe town centre with branch surgeries in nearby Hazlemere and Watlington. We have been providing vet care to the local communities for over 50 years.
Our aim is to provide modern, comprehensive and first-class healthcare, combined with a traditional, caring and friendly service from our dedicated and compassionate team of vets, nurses and support staff.
We have the added bonus of Vets Now being onsite, so there are no out of hours, and we do not have to transfer our patients to another practice for overnight or weekend care.
The successful candidate will require competence and confidence in nursing in a first opinion practice. They must be caring and conscientious and able to keep calm in a fast-moving environment. They must demonstrate an ability to use their initiative and a sense of humour and up beat attitude is a must!
Because Our Employee’s Matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business so, in addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company sick pay from day one
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.